What a hell of a trip. I’m currently pecking away on my laptop in a hotel room in Toronto, my head still spinning from my trip over to Graphika Manila. What a heck of a time. Seen in the photo above are all us speakers onstage at the end of the event. (L-R) Benjamin Seide, myself, Jessica Walsh, Armand Serrano, Benja Harney, Shin, Ryan Honey and Koto.
Without further ado, here is the Signalnoise Machine-gun list of what made this trip worth it.
- The Heat! A welcome treat for this Canadian to escape the chilly February winter.
- Meeting the wonderful event organizers, Aram and Ella! Best hosts a guy could ask for.
- The distinct pleasure of meeting the other amazing speakers. See above.
- Had a big (and political) historical tour of old Manila. Such a crazy story.
- An intimidatingly big a beautiful event venue. Very surreal to see.
- THE AUDIENCE! 3,000 energetic people packed that place, laughing and cheering the whole way.
- My giant Canadian flag slide came onscreen and the place erupted!
- Handed out Signalnoise stickers to a mob after my talk.
- Signed about 100 autographs after the event. Thats a huge first.
- Nerded-out with Devil Robots about toy culture. Many laughs! Great guys!
A HUGE thank-you to Aram and Ella for organizing everything to be smooth and enjoyable. For a solo Canadian venturing for the first time into Asia, you really made it an awesome experience.
Whenever I go to an event like this there seems to be an immediate friendship formed with the other speakers, and this was no different. Such a varied and talented crew full of smiles and stories. It was a DISTINCT PLEASURE to meet and hang out with you all. Hope we can cross paths again in the near future.
And once again, all of you in the audience. I have never EVER presented in front of such a huge crowd before, which can be pretty intimidating, but you all made it one of my best talks on record. Your cheers, laughs and reactions kept my story on track and it was a wonderful experience to be on that stage. You all rock! Thank-you!