Here are a couple of outputs I made while trying out some new curvy vector assets. The goal with these little studies are to see how the vectors react with one another as I add more, shift them around and adjust opacity and blending modes.
Curves used in this fashion are very easy to mess up, and I had a few iterations that looked like a mound of rainbow spaghetti. But I took my time and plucked out the problematic pieces to make the final result a bit smoother. Both of these images are the same PSD composition with different finishing methods. The first has a bit of a Chuck Anderson influence with the flares and orbs, the second with just straight-up color.
I also get asked about my personal vector assets quite a bit. So here is a little screen grab of just one of my AI documents containing my lines and curves.
This is obviously a crumby representation of the pieces as it’s very zoomed out, but it should give an idea of the amount of personal shapes and things I’ve created to build my posters. Having a personal and compiled library on hand is quite handy.